Sales & Marketing Director
or CRO for Hire
Interim | Virtual | Contract | Fractional | Remote
A new status quo demands a new strategy!
COVID-19 has forced a change on every company. Where Digital Transformation and Marketing Transformation were all the rage, we have now been placed in a forced lockdown and recession meaning businesses will have to rethink their short and long-term strategies.
Over the last few weeks, the business landscape has changed dramatically and we all now face unprecedented challenges. Not only do we have to consider how we are going to keep our businesses going through the ‘lockdown’ we may also wondering what our businesses will look like in the future. How will we both retain and win customers when we can fully trade once again?
Inevitably businesses will look different; whether that’s because staff have been shed, or because some existing customers will have gone out of business. Either way the gaps must be filled. Everyone will need to re-evaluate and re-invigorate their businesses to recover what has been lost, but also to provide a firmer foundation for the future.
We also know that the playing field has been levelled. Almost without exception, in the B2B market, prospects and customers are working from home. They cannot easily be reached by phone and a face-to-face meeting is impossible. More so than ever before, prospects and customers have to be reached in different and more creative ways that attract, engage and educate them. This can only be achieved by having a clear strategy and the ability to produce high quality on-line content and media that sets businesses apart from their competition.
But how do you achieve this?
At salesXchange we believe we have the solution – not just for the current global situation, but also for the future. In an on-demand economy we are able to offer an on-demand Sales & Marketing Director – or Fractional Director as the smart solution to help you to achieve your sales & marketing goals now and to grow your business in the future.
Why should you hire Nigel Maine?
To Answer Your Question...(click here to see why!)
- He has sold ‘at scale’ by systemising the sales process
- He has a personal, unique insight into selling
- He can look at a sales problem and can identify how to solve it, because he has sold direct and at high value
- He has a complete and thorough understand of sales, therefore he knows how crucial it is for the marketing to lead to sales
- He has created an ‘Open-Source’ Marketing Consultancy – Showing you what needs to be done and illustrated on his website
- He knows that marketing is divided between Strategy and Execution
- Strategy -> he’s had a high level of success working for himself and others, working from the ground up to develop the right strategy to generate new business
- Execution -> he’s had a high level of success working from the ground up in the execution of marketing tactics, such as video, podcasts, articles etc
- His business insight lead him to marketing and taking a different approach, because marketing is more than just a logo or a nicely produced brochure
- He’s identified why sales and marketing don’t work together
- He has systemised marketing from sX Social 334 to sX Syndicates
- He has articulated why CMOs keep getting fired every eighteen months; See 2020 Report
- His focus is on Product Marketing (the company positioning)
- Because he always knew and has focused on a better way of doing marketing
- He believes marketing must be something you can replicate so that results can be achieved consistently
- Because he believes it is possible to be monumentally successful if you do what he says
- He knows it’s going to take some time to increase your new business doing it his way, so encourages you to keep doing it your way until the change comes
- Because it is rare you will find another person who has anywhere near the experience in technology sales and marketing
- He has reverse-engineered execution, i.e. he knows how to do the execution and therefore can identify your business infrastructure (what it needs to be/is in order to execute it yourself) and what you need to do to win business using the media available, e.g. video, podcast etc. Take a look at the salesXchange website which shows his commitment to producing the content – He practises what he preaches
- He understands from the buyer’s perspective, and understands the bell curve of the market, from those who will buy from us; those that will do it themselves; and those that will never change what they do to embrace digital
- He can sight-read your business
- He knows how to make the numbers game work in your favour
- He knows how a business needs to operate to be successful
- He knows how to reduce your costs and increase profitability
- He knows how to re-structure your business to achieve success within this new business environment
- Having sold and implemented that same technology into his own business, he knows how to get an ROI from integrated systems.
- He has first-hand experience in business automation from marketing platforms to sales and CRM, ABM
- He can make a wholesale change on your new-business-generation structure
- He can articulate what needs to be done, and in what order
- He understands “Digital Transformation’ – getting the internal and external customers working together with the least amount of friction
- He has done his “10,000 hours”. If you do the work yourself, you too will need to do the 10,000 hours
- He has always been an early adopter of technology and how it can be implemented into business to make money
- He believes that you could do this yourself, so has given you the tools to do it, but knows that you would rather concentrate on what you’re good at and let him do what he’s good at
- Because you know how long it would take you to learn what he knows
- Because we have the system you could use in your business right now
- He can instruct people well and can’t be outflanked, because he knows from personal experience how long things take
- He’s not afraid of technology, or finding out how to do something, and is willing and able to find solutions – resourceful
- He can help you identify who can be reskilled and upskilled; what your resources are and how you can better deploy them to make your business stronger
- He can get you positioned OR re-position you in your market
- He has first-hand experience of project managing multiple people and disciplines to succeed on time.
- He is honest, authentic, transparent and truthful
- He creates a pattern for success
- He wants to make you a ‘leader’ rather than an ‘also ran’
- He sees things other people don’t – and he writes about them and talks about them before anyone else
- He wants to share his knowledge and expertise with you
- He is funnel-focused, rather than ‘tunnel-focused’
- He encourages companies to do it for themselves
- He wrote and self-published a 265 page book about obtaining an ROI from technology, available on Amazon and salesXchange.co.uk
- He is decisive when it comes to identifying the problem, finding the solution and executing it
- He has business acumen – he has started businesses for himself, has developed businesses for the others, and has worked with other’s start-ups to grow and develop the business
- He refuses to accept that the status quo can’t be changed
So what does this look like, and, what does it mean for you?
As Your Interim Director, Nigel will:
- Establish a new sales & marketing strategy that helps you overcome your current hurdles and lays the foundation for the future growth of your business
- Inject new ideas and creativity into an existing plan (if one exists), with the ability to deploy and execute the changes effectively and efficiently
- Bring a fresh perspective for the senior leadership team and help to lead a cultural transformation of your business
- Work with and/or lead your existing sales & marketing teams to implement new or adapted existing marketing initiatives through clear and specific goals and targets.
- Act on an interim basis to head-up all of your various and sundry marketing and branding initiatives, while you look for a full-time CMO and or VP of Sales
- Provide cover for a current CMO or VP Sales taking a leave of absence for a given period of time and you need to ensure your sales and marketing do not lose momentum
We offer a selection of advisory services:
- Sales & Marketing Review
- Business Plan Audit
- Marketing Workshops
- Interim Marketing Director
Take a look...
What does Engagement look like?
Discovery & Analysis of Your Marketing Needs
We suggest that a successful engagement starts with a full and detailed discovery and analysis of where you are now, what your content and resources look like and what your goals are for the future.
Strategy Formulation & Budget
To meet the goals, we will formulate an integrated strategy, with a budget. As part of the budget we would agree to a number of hours or days per week where our efforts would be dedicated to your business. We would recommend that this be for a minimum period of 6 months so that you can start to see the realisation and results of plan and changes can be made as necessary.
Once the plan and budget are acceptable to you, we will then become hands-on in realising the marketing vision. We will work with you and your existing staff to execute the plan, drafting in, whenever necessary, specialists from our network of marketing professionals, where internal resource doesn’t exist.
We will use as much existing content as we can and make recommendations for new content, such as videos, podcasts and long-form blogs. Content is King, and right now, this would be the focus so that you can reach your target market in all possible media.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.